6.25.2011

Pearl Media's Lexus Party



The first Academy Awards was held in this room


I may not drive a Lexus, but at the party thrown by Pearl Media, there was a lot more than car talk happening. Amidst the open bar and spread of gourmet mini cupcakes poolside at The Roosevelt, you could hear a collective gasp. Finally I was going to witness a 3D light show on a building. 

I have seen one too many forwards of these breathtaking events (mostly from Europe) not to feel left out. This party did not disappoint. Against the night skies, the historic hotel looked like it was crumbling, then it was awash with Fanstasia psychedelics, sections of the building popped in and out and of course, the buttercup yelllow Lexus zoomed across  the surface. The crowd cheered.

Even if I did sigh a little when the valet pulled up in my Toyota...good times. 

Amanda Brems, chillin' poolside